I love experimenting in the kitchen and making stuff that is appropriate for myself and the kids to eat but also is childcare friendly ie no nuts
I saw this recipe on the back of a packet and thought I can make that with modifications so I did and I was not disappointed one little bit. 8 muffins later I thought I better stop hehe
I shared the image on our Bump It Up Instagram page and there was a lot of interest in them so I thought I’d share the recipe here for all to find 🙂 Enjoy xx
2 cups GF plain flour (can use regular flour)
1 teaspoon GF baking powder
3/4 cup shredded coconut
3/4 cup caster sugar or 1/4 cup honey
60g butter or extra light virgin olive oil for dairy free option
3/4 cup pureharvest coconut milk
140g fresh raspberries and blueberries (can use frozen as well)
20g shredded coconut to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease a 12 hole muffin tin
- Put the flour, shredded coconut and sugar into a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl melt the butter, whisk in milk and eggs.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and add wet mix, use a metal spoon to stir until just combined then gently fold through the raspberries and blueberries.
- Use a spoon to evenly distribute mixture into muffin tin. Sprinkle each with remaining coconut and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.