- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts (hazelnuts are awesome)
- 2/3 cup almond meal or coconut flour
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup natural nut butter (no stir works best)
- 1- 2 tbsp ground coffee
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup vanilla bean protein of choice (extra for coating)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup maple syrup. You can also use honey if maple syrup is not available.
- Optional – 1/4 tsp each: pure vanilla bean extract, maple extract
- BONUS – 1/4 melted dark chocolate to coat if desired.
- Chop nuts in food processor if they aren’t already finely chopped. Pulse in blender or processor to make more like a nut meal flour.
- Transfer into a large bowl and add in all the remaining ingredients with the honey/maple syrup being the last. Mix well (I use my hands) and roll into bite size balls.
- Coat bites (once frozen) with extra protein powder and/or coffee. Makes about 20 balls. Freeze or keep in refrigerator to maintain freshness.
- Bonus – You can also roll the bites in melted dark chocolate and then freeze for a mocha latte bite flavour!
Depending on the type of flour and nut butter you use, you might need to adjust the amount. Add all in bowl, then if batter is too thin, add in more almond flour. If batter is too thick, add more honey or nut butter.