CHIMICHURRI STEAK TACOS
Serves 4, Prep 25 mins, Cook 11 mins
1 Large corn cob, husk removed
8 Mini flour tortillas
Salt and pepper to taste
600g Beef sirloin steaks
Butter lettuce leaves, diced tomatoes and crumbled soft feta, to serve
1 ½ cups fresh parsley leaves
½ cup fresh coriander leaves
1 long red chilli, de-seeded, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- To make chimichurri, process herbs, chilli and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. Add oil and vinegar. Process until combined. Transfer to a jug. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, place corn on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with damp absorbent kitchen paper. Microwave on High for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Heat a large barbeque grill plate over a hot heat. Add the corn. Cook, turning occasionally for about 5 minutes, or until charred. Remove. Cool. Cut kernels from the cob.
- Reheat same hot oiled grill plate over a medium to high heat. Add tortillas in two batches. Cook for about 1 minute, or until charred. Remove. Keep warm.
- Add seasoned beef to same oiled, hot grill plate. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest steaks, loosely covered with foil for 2 minutes. Thinly slice.
- To serve, top tortillas with lettuce, beef, corn, tomatoes and feta. Spoon over chimichurri.
TIP: Chimichurri can be made up to four days ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge. To save time, microwave corn a day ahead, cover and refrigerate. Chargrill before serving.
Recipe sourced from a New Idea magazine